The Southside Camera Club Incorporated of Canberra meets on the second Thursday of each month (February to December) at the Woden Seniors Club, 12 Corinna St, Phillip ACT.
The club’s Digital Special Interest Group (DigSig) meets on the fourth Tuesday of each month (February to November) at the Canberra Deakin Football Club, 3 Grose Street, Deakin.
The club’s Portrait Interest Group is for those who are interested in improving their skills in photographing people. We meet every month from January to November on the last Saturday of the month. The group works together with people who are interested in having their photographs taken either for building their modelling portfolio or just for fun. Sometimes those studying makeup come along as well.
We are always looking for new models of all ages, so if you are interested in this, or know someone who would be, please let us know. Families are also welcome.
Anyone interested in this genre of photography is welcome to join us no matter what their skill level. Please email Mark at email@example.com for information on the next meeting.
The Astro-photography Interest Group holds evening and night-time outings to suitable sites outside Canberra. Contact John at firstname.lastname@example.org
Suitable dates for astro photography for season 2021 are listed below. These dates are suitable only for the moon phase and need to be used as a guide as the cloud conditions can only be determined a few days prior.
- May: 9th, New Moon 12th, last day 19th.
- June: 1st, new moon 11th, last day 16th.
- July: !st, new moon 10th, last day 14th.
- August: 1st, new moon 9th, last day 14th,
- September: 1st, new moon 7th, last day 14th.
- October: 1st, new moon 7th, last day 11th.
- November: 29th Oct, new moon 5th, last day 10th.
- December: (star trails only) 1st, new moon 5th, last day 9th.